The hotel de France is no longer the Hotel de France but the building is still there and virtually the same as it was over 100 years ago. Here is a postcard, which is attributed to A Breger and dated 20th April 1903.Back then the main square was known as Place d’Armes, now it is Place du Maréchal-Leclerc. Interestingly the main square in Poitiers is also called Place du Maréchal-Leclerc and it was also called Place d’Armes.
This is the same scene today, it is virtually the same, some changes to the downstairs windows and doors and of course we now have trees. The bell is still on the roof.
A similar view is this postcard called Rue Louis X111 and this was take by Leon Giraud and the date is 15th April 1914.. Rue Louis X111 is still called by the same name.
Many of the road names were changed after the wars, especially WW2 and resistance hero’s were honoured.